No, this is NOT my 5-ingredients lasagne.You can’t have it easy every day, please but🙄 this one has a Crispy top and is loaded with Parmesan. For the filling, I used grilled tandoori spiced vegetables (yes, my Indian ghost leads me to the Tandoori spice jar somehow), a Spinach ricotta cream and marinara sauce.
This is big enough to feed an entire village, okay maybe just a group of friends.
This Lasagne has three main components usually. The meat or the vegetable filling, the spinach ricotta mix and the marinara sauce. If you stay calm, turn on some hip-hop and get at it layer by layer. You can do it!
1 chopped medium carrot + 2 chopped medium zucchini+1 cup chopped mushroom
1 chopped red onion + 1 diced green capsicum,+ 1 chopped small aubergine
4 crushed and chopped garlic cloves
1 tablespoon olive oil + salt and pepper + 2 tbsp of tandoori spice mix (easily available these days around the world)
4 basil leaves + 1 tbsp chopped parsley
FOR THE SPINACH AND RICOTTA CREAM
250 g chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
250 g ricotta cheese + 1/2 cup of feta crumbled
1/2 cup of grated fresh parmesan cheese
FOR THE LASAGNE
500 gm lasagna sheets
2 jars of pre-cooked marinara sauce or enough to cover the layers. (I usually make my own Marinara sauce but for the complexity of the recipe, you can buy ready-made ones.)
1 cup of grated Parmesan and 1/2 cup grated Cheddar.
- Marinade the vegetables with some garlic, tandoori spice, salt and pepper for 15 mins to 1 hour. Drain off the excess water. if your salt and spices get washed away add a bit more. (Draining off the water helps in the vegetables not leaking while roasting)
- Place all the vegetables in a roasting dish, add some of the olive oil and some parsley. Roast at 180°C for around 40 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, I usually make the pasta sauce and spinach ricotta cream.
- For the spinach and ricotta mix -mix in lightly sautéed (for fresh spinach) or thawed spinach (if using frozen), the ricotta, feta and parmesan. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper to achieve a creamy texture.
- Assemble the lasagne: Pasta sauce at the bottom, then lasagne sheet, ricotta mix, lasagne sheet, vegetables, lasagne sheet, ricotta mix, lasagne sheet, pasta sauce, cheddar cheese. Finish off with the parmesan over the top of the lasagne. I also like to add some chopped basil, parsley and ground pepper on top.
- Bake the lasagne at 180°C for 35 – 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
So, so, yum!