After some quick meals, the last few days I felt like creating something a bit more complex with different elements. (Basically just didn’t want to leave the kitchen :P) So thought about Pork Chops with a nutmeg pumpkin purée, buttered cauliflower, carrot and tzatziki. This is for all my carnivore friends who will probably get the benefits of some vegetables alongside!
I have the recipe for the pumpkin puree in my pumpkin soup recipe. You can easily make some yoghurt cucumber tzatziki or buy from the store.
- 4 pork chops
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 star-anise + 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- Olive oil and butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- A few cauliflower florets + 4 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp tzatziki
- Marinade the pork chops from 1 hour to overnight with olive oil, sea salt, thyme garlic, smoked paprika and crushed star anise coriander seeds and pepper.
- Cook it for 4 minutes on either side in a hot pan with some olive oil and then finished it off in the oven. The important thing is to rest the meat after cooking for a few minutes to get the melt in your mouth texture.
- Make very thin slices of the cauliflower florets and lightly roast them in some butter in a pan. Keep aside.
- Plate with the Pork Chops on top of the pumpkin puree, along with the buttered cauliflower, carrot, and some tzatziki.
Recipe for Pumpkin puree with nutmeg here.