Sundays need Truffle fries. And Love. Oh, maybe some Stranger Things on Netflix too. I am going to keep making these until my truffle collection is taking its last breath. Since you are already investing yourself in some groundbreaking, mouth-watering fries, why not turn up the fashion quotient a notch up and plate it with some greenery and sauces.
On the plate: truffle fries with herbs, togarashi mix and a mango habanero sauce.
4 large, waxy potatoes, peeled
vegetable oil (or rapeseed oil) for frying
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon good-quality truffle oil
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into thin strips.
- Soak the potatoes in ice-cold water for an hour, drain, and pat completely dry with a kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a fryer or skillet and fry the potatoes in batches for 2 minutes. Drain the fries on fresh kitchen towels or paper towels.
- Increase the heat of the oil and cook the potatoes for the second time for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the fries and sprinkle with truffle salt, drizzle some truffle oil and serve immediately.
- To oomph up the plating, throw in some herbs and mango habanero sauce.