This was a nice alcohol-free weekend (for most of it at least) and ended up with charcoals on a canvas instead. It was also the homecoming for the marathon king husbandman who loves pasta and so I stirred up some spaghetti with crispy kale, pine nuts, truffle honey and grilled cherry tomatoes.
Protip: If you do not find kale use baby spinach 🙂
Spaghetti portions for two people
2 fat cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
1 medium-sized onion
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
Olive oil, salt, sugar, pepper, and zaatar
A bunch of kale leaves (roughly 2 cups)
Butter – 1 tbsp
A sprig of rosemary
1/4th cup pine nuts
Truffle honey (optional)
- Boil the pasta and chop some garlic, onions and kale (discard the stems).
- Slit the tomatoes and marinade with olive oil, zaatar, salt n sugar and some crushed garlic.
- Slow roast in the oven for an hour. In the mean time put few drops of olive oil in a pan and take 1/3rd of the kale leaves and some pine nuts and fry them. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add some butter+olive oil and the chopped onion garlic and cook on a slow heat. Add rosemary and the remaining kale leaves. Sauté until it changes colour to dark green.
- Now add the pasta, roasted cherry tomatoes and some seasoning. Stir and mix.
- Serve with more cherry tomatoes on top and crispy fried kale and a drizzle of truffle honey (optional)